Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Privacy issues solved. DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

So the plugin is good to go. Download it here: http://stanford.edu/~rparikh/cgi-bin/delaybot/delaybot.zip

What I've changed is that it no longer logs the whole url, just the source website so that way you don't have to fear me snooping about the specific urls you visit, just the domain. Also, it no longer logs the actual IP address, just a hash of the IP so that I can disambiguate users.

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Download the plugin here: http://stanford.edu/~rparikh/cgi-bin/delaybot/delaybot.zip
  2. Double-click the zip archive to open it up
  3. Open Google Chrome
  4. Go to "Window > Extensions"
  5. Click the + icon next to the label that says "developer mode" if it is not already open
  6. Click "load unpacked extension"and it will bring up a file select dialog
  7. Navigate to the "delaybot" folder that came out of the downloaded zip archive
  8. Click "select" to choose that folder
  9. Make sure you enable the plugin in chrome
  10. That's it!
I would really appreciate it if you wanted to download the extension and help me out! Please ask me any questions or concerns you have.

1 comment:

  1. I use Linux. I downloaded it but couldn't figure out, how to load it. There is no window->extension here. I would love to help you by installing it but you first need to help be in installing it :).

    ReplyDelete