Friday, May 6, 2011

Updates

I've modified my browser extension so that it records every time a user visits a site on The List™, and sends this back to a server which I haven't set up yet (I've just been testing locally for now). The only thing that's missing right now is the ability to detect when a user uninstalls the extension, but I'll get that figured out in the next couple days. Over the weekend I will set up a server, and use the extension on myself and a couple friends to make sure that everything's working alright. Then, I plan to distribute the plugin to a wider audience early next week, in time to get lots of results over the next few weeks, and leave myself enough time to modify the study on the fly if my early results necessitate this.

So yeah, not much new this time around. But things will be going down soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see why tracking when extensions are installed/de-installed in interesting? You are already tracking whether or not a reroute hits your server, so you already know if they are or are not using the extension right?

    Definitely distribute your product and get some feedback, I'd like to see if the results are normally distributed over at least 30 people. Did you calculate the minimum number of subjects for testing?

    ReplyDelete